It's important to ensure the proper fit for rings and bracelets, otherwise, your beautiful bobble might go flying off unexpectedly or wind up in the drawer. To help you out, here's some handy dandy sizing instructions for rings, bracelets and bangles.
How to Measure Your Ring Size
- Cut a piece of (non-stretchy) string or twine, or a thin strip of paper at least 4 inches long
- Wrap it snuggly, but not tightly, around the finger on which you plan to wear the ring
- Using a pen or pencil, mark where the ends overlap
- Grab a ruler with millimeters, lay the paper or string flat and measure from the end that wrapped around your finger to the marked line. Be sure you are measuring in millimeters
- Use this ring sizing chart to find your ring size
Ring Sizing Chart
|Ring Size||Your measurement
What Size Cuff Bracelet Do You Need?
Follow these steps to determine your cuff bracelet size.
- Cut a piece of thread, twine or paper 8 inches long
- Wrap the cut piece comfortably around your wrist just under your outer wrist bone
- Mark where the piece meets
- Grab a ruler with inches on it, lay the piece flat and measure from the end that wrapped around your wrist to the mark.
- Find your wrist size on the chart below to determine your cuff bracelet size
Cuff Bracelet Sizing Chart
|Size||Cuff Size||Opening||Wrist Size|
|X Small||4.75”||.50” – 1.25”||5.25” – 6.0”|
|Small||5.25”||.75” – 1.25”||6.0” – 6.50”|
|Medium||5.75”||.75” – 1.50”||6.50” – 7.25”|
|Large||6.25”||1.0” – 1.75”||7.25” – 8.0”|
|Extra Large||7.0”||1.0” – 2.0”||8.0” – 9.0”|
I can make custom sizes, so should you need a size different than those listed above, please contact me before ordering.
How to Measure Your Size for a Bangle Bracelet
To determine your bangle bracelet size, follow these steps using a measuring tape or piece of string or twine. You may need an assistant.
- Place your thumb to your pinky finger so they are touching
- Wrap the thread, or twine around the widest part of your hand (right above the knuckle at the base of your thumb around the back of your hand and over your hand knuckles)
- Mark the spot where the thread, or twine meets
- Using a ruler with inches, lay the thread flat and measure from the end that wrapped around your knuckles to the mark. This will be the circumference.
- Find the size corresponding to your circumference on the below chart
Alternate way to measure bangle size
Take a bangle you already own, center the widest part on a ruler or measuring tape to measure the diameter and find the size that corresponds to that diameter on the chart.
Bangle Bracelet Sizing Chart
|X Small||2.25”||7 1/16"|
I can make custom sizes, so should you need any size different than those listed above, please contact me before ordering.